Skip to main content

Five Feet Apart

Five Feet Apart 
By Rachael Lippincott, Mikki Daughtry, Tobias Ianconis


Rating: 7/10
Spoiler-Free Review:
In this book, Stella Grant is a cystic fibrosis patient and has spent most of her of life in the hospital. She is very strict about her meds and rules. In order to avoid cross-infection the CFers must remain at a safe six-foot distance from one another. But when a guy named Will, another CFer that is infected with B. cepacia, steps into her life, she's ready to throw that self-control and get into the relationship. But... it's not that easy. This book has two different perspective which is from Stella and Will. It is also heavily emotional and it's like when the situation is very joyfull then all of the sudden every bit of that happiness just goes downhill. Even though, sometimes I find this book a little bit boring, the plot is a bit slow, it is still worth the read. And if you already watch the movie beforehand I still recommend you to read the book, as it is slighty different from the movie. 

Spoiler-Alert! Book Review with spoilers:
This is one of the books that shows you how life really works. Stella’s character is so unique. I love how is a CFer but still manage to built an app and be a youtuber. Stella has to live. For her parent’s sake, that have divorced. Every year they celebrated her birthday as if it’s the last. All of them thought that she’ll die first, instead her sister, Abby did. Will. His dad left him. His mom is sending him all around the world to find a cure for his B. cepacia. Will never really does his treatment. Until he met Stella. I was so overwhelmed with the story, the plot, about how well written the book is. I loved how the chapters goes like back and forth from Stella’s point of view to Will’s. It just goes so well. I’m like ‘heck yeah Stella!’ when she stole a feet from the six-feet distance she has to keep. My favorite part of the story is when all of them celebrated Will’s birthday. This is what goes downhill, from Will’s fun Birthday party went to them being caught by Barb and then the part where Poe died is like free falling from a sky, it saddened me so much that I almost throw the book away! The devastation hit me when Stella fall into the freezing cold lake (it’s a lake right? correct me if I’m wrong) that is supposed to be frozen solid! Then the ending part which they are saying goodbye to each other after Stella’s lung transplant surgery is the part that almost made me cry (I didn’t cry bcos I was at a public place surrounded by people, and I bet I would totally bawl my eyes out if I’m in my room). Then here comes the “eight-months later” part that is not included in the film, I personally thinks that it’s not included bcos they don’t want people to think that all CFers have a good ending that don’t actually happens in their lives. In those eight months Stella’s parents got back together and Will’s mom was willing to let him go under 3 conditions. After those eight months they met again, in the airport, Will and Jason on their way to brazil. Stella with her friends, Mya and Camila were going to the Sistine Chapel. The ending is that they stared at each other :) I hope in the future, there will be cure for cystic fibrosis, B. cepacia, and many other diseases. You will love this book more if you like slow pace reads.
 
Follow me on my Instagram's stories to see what I'm reading at the moment! 
Instagram : @verniceyeo1





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas   Rating: 10/10 Spolier-Free Review: I know I'm late about this series, but it's still a great book. Throne of Glass is the first book of the series and I love it. I haven't quite read all of the books from the series yet, but I can tell that this series is gonna be AMAZING! So, the story is about Celaena Sardothien, she is a teenage assasin in the Kingdom of Adarlan. After a year serving a life sentence for her crime. The Crown Prince offers her a deal, which is her freedom. However, she must fight in a competition with 23 other thieves and assasins. Life or death, Celaena will surely get her freedom. There are more mysteries that awaits her (which I can't say or else it'll not be a spolier-free review). If you love fantasy books then you'll definitely love this book as much as I do. Spoiler Alert! Book Review with spoilers: This book is literally AMAZING. I frickin' love Nehemia she is so mysterious a